Welcome to My New Personal Blog: Dear D’Arcy
As a former Boutique owner “Chic Style” and personal Stylist I found my customers wanted to know more about my personal life, fashion tips, personal style, health & beauty tricks. Knowing I am over 40 (people never guess my age)! I get questions daily what do I do for my skincare, weight issues, what was that recipe? How to style something & “dress for my body?”, make something or even how to stay organized as a mom and business owner, “do I have blank to borrow?”….(I collect stuff) I promise I am not a hoarder. I am always happy to share my experience or what knowledge I might have. I have a decorating background, pretty crafty and enjoy entertaining. I can throw a party at any given moment, and found I was sharing this part of my life on the shop’s boutiques blog. Realizing I love helping and sharing tips with others kind of like Dear Abby! This is where the idea “Dear D’Arcy” was born! My place to share with you my personal style, my tips and tricks for how I take care of myself, live my life, tricks to getting things done, how I decorate, stay organized and what inspires me. I hope I can share things that work for me to help you out in some small way. I really want you to feel like you can ask me anything and I will try to help you.
I feel you can be a working mom, chic, stylish, classic and even trendy at any age!
Little pleasures in life are important and I cant wait to start sharing mine with you, D’Arcy.
Answers to questions that will help you get to know me better!
- Where were you born? California (The beach is my inner peace)
- When did you know your career would be fashion or interior design? At about age 2 playing with Barbie’s… I loved creating outfits and building her House from scratch out of boxes.
- What would you call your style? I dress for how I feel that day! I would say I am more classic & a little trendy. I love layers and a great pair of jeans. I own a ton of accessories and SHOES. Shoes make the outfit! I mix affordable with labels (my mom called me Lucy the label lover).
- Your favorite color? Pale pink, I also love cream & gold!
- Favorite color in your Home? I am obsessed with black and white, I am in love with black and white stripes! These 2 colors make changing for the seasons so easy, just add in the pop of color for that season and it works.
- Use single words to describe yourself? Organized, hard working, creative, outspoken, spiritual, loving, personable, honest, talkative, stylish!
- Favorite Bible Verse: Phillipian’s 4:13 #all things
- The two woman cheerleaders I have in my life? My Mom And my sister. I adore them and lucky to have these two women in my life. Both also very creative, my mom a hair dresser and my sister is a Hollywood make-up artist.
Children? Yes, I am a mom of 2 boys, my oldest works for Intel Corporation and the youngest is in High School.
Married? Yes, I have been married to my dream guy & my biggest supporter for 22 years now!
What does your hubby do? He owned ski shops for 25 years in California. He is a talented contractor, and in the winter you’ll find him on the slopes, ski racing team coach & course setter. He is also my photographer!
What are a few of your favorite things? I love iced tea, entertaining, my porch, my family, manicures I am obsessed with cute nails, bread ( I try not to eat it) Mexican food, creating cocktails, glitter, spray paint, decorating our home, traveling and lake days.
What makes your blog different? I think seeing fashion & beauty through the eyes of a “40 something” is a big difference. My life experiences, I have been a business owner in 3 different creative fields (home decor & interiors, scrapbooking, and a clothing boutiques). I love sharing things THAT REALLY work and that I personally use to share with my readers.
What are a few of your career achievements? Winning Kut from the Kloth’s National window display contest, South Ogden business association store front display winner, guest editor of Celestial Magazine, as well as being a stylist for 6 issues of Celestial Magazine, Two years with a monthly Fox 13 (The Place) fashion segments, organizing fashion shows for charity events, decorator chair for the Junior league Ogden Spring gala 2 years, a published scrapbook artist. Just to name a few of my favorites.
How long does it take you to get ready for work in morning? Wash hair day, 1 hour. No wash day, 30 min (I love dry shampoo)!
Hair? I am a natural blond and didn’t need highlights until I hit 40! My hair is super straight and thin but I have a lot of thin hair (if that makes sense) I do NOT have any hair extensions!
I hope you learned a little about my background and what makes me tick! Always happy to answer any questions just leave a comment.
Services That Keep Me Pretty & Healthy:
- Hair: Kayla Cissna at Shandalier Salon & Spa 385-626-1505
- Wax: Isabel at Wax it By Isabel 801-499-4370
- Eyelashes: Sharlee at Lashed 801-475-7000
- Hormones: Preventive Medicine, Dr. Aaron Butcher 801-825-6597
- Dermatologist & Hormone Replacement: Dr. Lori Gerber 215-284-9650
In no way are these services sponsor or a paid advertisement.
Places I Like to Shop for FASHION Places I Shop for HOME
Small Boutiques HomeGoods
Nordstroms rack ZGallerie
Anthropology West Elm
Free people Wayfair