I couldn’t live without dry shampoo it’s a MUST have beauty staple. I have oily hair, not to mention silky and straight! I would have to wash my hair daily if it wasn’t for DRY SHAMPOO. As a teenager I used baby powder to skip a wash day ( I could do this as my hair has always been light). So you could see how excited I was to learn about this crazy good invention! I have been using for years now. I have also learned that the right dry shampoo give silky hair like mine texture which helps with styling and holding a curl. So if you only thought dry shampoo was to help skip a wash day, I am happy to share it’s good for more than that. I’ve tried almost every brand over the years and I have narrowed it down to these 9 dry shampoos that I have tried and test out for you.
Dry shampoos are the perfect quick fix for great looking hair between washes. No water needed. It’s a great way to extend your blowout, free up time getting ready and add body & texture.
1. Pantene: Doesn’t disappoint, it’s affordable has a nice smell and instantly refreshes hair. They use tapioca starch to help absorb oils. This product is better for blondes as it does have a little powder residue. Comes in a 4.9oz can.
2. Batiste Wild: This instant hair refresh comes in a variety of scents, Wild has a musky scent. Batiste makes a dry shampoo for Brunettes which I would recommend if you are as if not stated so then it will leave a light powder residue. I love this brand because it does the trick at a super affordable price, one of the most affordable on the market. You can use this dry shampoo multiple days in a row without build up. I also like it’s one of the biggest dry shampoos you can buy. Comes in a 13.46 fl.oz can for around $7-9.
3. Batiste Tropical: This is the same as above but with a tropical scent that smells just like Summer. It has a powder residue but works great on blond hair. I love the scent and it’s become one of my go to Dry shampoos and also comes in a small travel size can.
4. Detox: By Drybar is my all time favorite! I love the smell, it gives the best texturing and helps my silky hair hold a curl. You should really have blond hair for this product as it does have a white powder residue but it rubs away. This only comes in a 3.5oz bottle and is a little pricey at $23 bottle.
5. Oribe: Gold Lust dry shampoo comes in a 6oz can and is one of the most expensive dry shampoos I used at $46 a can, ouch! While this product is a translucent dry shampoo that also absorbs product buildup and oil, plus ever hair color can use I didn’t think it did much more for the money. It had a plain scent and does not add texture, grip, or weight if that is something you need like I do. It does claim it nourishes and fortifies dry, damaged hair & maintains hair health and color vibrancy by extending a blowout.
6. Oscar Blandi: Revive and refreshes hair of all hair colors with this invisible dry shampoo spray. It removes product build-up, absorbs oil and boosts volume it has a nice perfume scent and is an overall great product if you want to spend $25 on 5oz
7. Amika:Perk Up dry shampoo is a talc-free, true dry cleanser that absorbs oil buildup and odor without talc or aluminum, adds volume and cools the scalp (none of the others cool the scalp) refreshes hair with natural rice starch. Leaves no white residue and has fresh perky scent. I didn’t like it as much as others simply because it’s more like a moose and goes on wet/foam. 5.3 oz $25.
8. La Soie: Dry shampoo helps perk up 2nd day hair and adds volume but I didn’t feel it helped absorbed oil. It can be used on all hair colors and didn’t have an overpowering scent but this is not one I’d purchase again.
9. Living Proof: Perfect hair day absorbs and removes oil, sweat and odor. Works on all hair colors because it leaves virtually no visible residue or powdery build-up behind. Gives you body and has a nice scent. I love when you purchase on amazon you get a bundle for $29.99 a regular size and travel! I seem to go through this brand fast.
I hope this helps you ladies out for purchasing your next dry shampoo. OX, D’Arcy
This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. I only promote brands that I truly love and believe in! Thank you for the support!