Happy Thanksgiving from our home to yours!
I wanted to share our Thanksgiving table setting with you. It’s not the traditional Fall feel with leaves and pumpkins, I went with a winter white, silver, and gold theme. It feels elegant and warm don’t you think? To give it a Thanksgiving feel I picked up this fun silver pheasant from Target and added antlers and wooden details. TIP: for adding layers to your table-scape find items around your home that work in your color/theme. Pay attention to heights, find items from low to high, but not too high that you can’t see around it. I love pieces that are general and don’t scream a certain holiday so you can use them more often. Items like glass, mercury glass, and solid colors like gold, silver, white, and red (red works for Christmas, Valentines day and Summer). Pieces that give your table a glow like candles, votives, and candle sticks are great pieces to collect. Another TIP I love to share is layer your tablecloth, this works great if you don’t have the perfect size for your table. Here I used a large plain white tablecloth that fits the table and to add a pop of design. I used the gold stripe tablecloth that was meant for a smaller table but you would wouldn’t notice it doesn’t fit the table because of the layering. I also like to layer different tablecloths of different sizes if you don’t have one that fits! Just remember they need to be in the same color family for it to work. Our table is for 8, yet I always buy everything in sets of 12. I do this in case anything breaks or if I have extra people we can make a kid table for 4 at our kitchen island. It is also because I am a little bit of a collector….(my boys are going to hate me when I die!)
I just love collecting things to entertain and make life beautiful, I can throw any kind of party on a moments notice because of the pieces i’ve collected over the years! So If you’re wanting to build your entertaining collection keep following along with me. I plan on sharing more of my entertaining tips and collections with you as I have had so many of you ask for me to share this part of my life. Would you like a list of my basic entertaining starter kit? This would be the must have items and then be able to build from that. *If so please leave a comment below.
I love Thanksgiving and spending time with family and friends over good food and I know you do too! So next time make it a beautiful experience and share your love over a beautiful designed table, there is no better way to show off the hard work you spent in the kitchen. TIP: You can build your perfect table-scape weeks before to take the pressure off.
May you have a beautiful Thanksgiving, yummy food and a great time with your family and friends. We’ll be having a Friendsgiving as all of our family is out of town. OX, D’Arcy
PS: Are you excited for Black Friday or do you stay home and put up Christmas? This is my first year not in retail for the Holidays and I can’t tell you how excited I am! I’ll be staying home to decorate and enjoy my family. I will be shopping a little online and I can’t wait to share with you all the deals I found this week for Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday! My DEAL post will go live tonight at MIDNIGHT!
This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own and I appreciate your support.
Hello Beautiful’s! You know how much I love Fall (it’s going to be my Birthday month!) and how much I love to do & enjoy all things Fall! So I thought it would be fun to do a Fall bucket list to share with you, since you loved my Winter bucket list last year (If you missed that check it out here!). I hope it inspires you to get in the spirt of the season and check a couple things off the list as well! OX
- PUMPKIN PATCH – Well of course, an annual event around year! Even if my kids are big and over it! I still drag them out for a family day (normally it’s bribed with food). I always have a large assortment of pumpkins on our porch, steps and entryway. So this is a great time to have everyone pick a verity and help decorate!
- HAUNTED HOUSE– A perfect date with the family, my boys will be really into this! I haven’t been to one since high school, so wish me luck!
- A day in front of a fire with a cozy blanket, a cup of tea, a candle burning and a great book!
- Go on an OUTDOOR HIKE, where the colors are stunning and the air is crisp!
- Go to a COLLAGE FOOTBALL game! We have to go support Auston Tesch #53 for Weber state at least once a year! It’s always fun and last year my mom was here to go support him too!
- Take a FALL DRIVE where the leaves are in full glory. I love grabbing a warm drink and taking a drive with my hubby to see the color’s. It’s fun to grab a meal out and make it a date. When we lived in California, we would go with the entire family,(my mom & my sister) to Oak Glen and pick apples, boy do I miss those days.
- Make a HOMEMADE PIE, I haven’t made a pie from scratch in a few years. I used to love making apple pies, when we had so many apple trees in California! (I need to plant a couple apple trees)
- JUMP INTO A PILE OF LEAVES and get a cute picture! I will wait for my boys to rake all the leaves up! hehe
- Make a big POT OF CHILI (my veggie chili recipe is below) and watch Hocus Pocus! I mean what is fall without watching Hocus Pocus at least 10 times!
- Create a FALL WARDROBE CAPSULE, these wardrobe capsules have been all the rage, (have you heard of them?) with fall being most peoples favorite time to shop, it’s a great time to create one for you. Help yourself to get inspiration and pick out classic pieces to build your wardrobe for Fall.
- Spend the WEEKEND with GIRLFRIENDS in PJ’S watching HALLMARK MOVIES. Of course we’ll do face mask, drink wine and eat all kinds of yummy food! Who’s ready for a sleep over?
- Enjoy a FIRE ON THE DECK making s’mores, under cozy blankets enjoying the crisp fall air! I will be decorating my back deck for fall this year! Unfortunately it’s a short season here in Utah, So I have never decorated the back deck for fall. This year we are going too spend more time wrapped in blankets enjoying the crisp air.
My Easy Veggie Chili Recipe: (slow cooker) So easy you’ll make it a ton!
1 large can of chili beans and sauce
1 can each of pinto, kidney, red beans drained and rinsed
1 large can of tomato sauce
1 can of crushed tomatoes
1 cup of water
1 each of a red, yellow, green bell peppers, washed and chopped
1 large onion chopped and browned
4 cloves of garlic chopped browned
1 tablespoon of butter (for browning onion and garlic)
1 tablespoon of chili powder
1 tablespoon of onion salt
1 tablespoon of kitchen bouquet (browning seasoning)
1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
crushed red pepper seasoning to taste
shredded cheese (for topping)
Brown the onions and garlic in the butter, then add everything (except cheese) into the crockpot on low in the morning and come home to a yummy meal! You can brown turkey or meat of choice with a chili seasoning packet and add that, but you’ll need another can of tomato sauce. Serve with corn bread, fritos or soda crackers!
Extra toppings optional: sour cream, green onions, hot sauce I hope you try it and let me know what you think. It’s a family favorite around here!
As promised I shared ALL the weekend sales on my instagram stories under Shopping!
I picked some of my favorite things and shared the deals, so go check them out!
Thank you for stopping by and taking the time out of your day to spend a little bit of time with me. If you have any question, please remember to leave a comment. I love helping my friends out! OX, D’Arcy
How to look Chic in that Ugly Christmas sweater……
I don’t know about you but I never really wanted to look UGLY or dorky! (I always wanted to be something pretty or cute for Halloween!) Really …..Wait for it… I really never loved Halloween! I love getting dressed up Pretty for a party, dance or Black tie event….But costumes No!
The Ugly Christmas Sweater Party has become more and more popular and like “Halloween” for Christmas! At least at my Girlfriend Kjirstin’s Annual Sweater party! Don’t get me wrong it’s a hoot of a party! we’ve had the Griswolds, Whoville’s and some crazy ugly sweaters! It’s a great night and really fun to see what people come up with! As for me…. I’ll take the Chic route:)
Easy way to “CHIC” up that Christmas sweater…is A ..pick a cute one, Wink! Snowman sweater was Nordstrom last year… A cute choice here B wear you festive pants= red jeans or like shown above Silver Kut from the Kloth jeans or Black Leather pants! C wearing a fun pump or a stylish bootie D Statement earring!
I hope you liked my tips on How to look Chic for a Ugly Christmas Sweater party, OX D’Arcy
I would love to help you with any Styling questions… Just leave a comment!
Cinco de Mayo bar cart styling!
I don’t know about you but this California girl loves Mexican food! By now you know I love styling my bar cart for parties and social hours! So having Cinco de Mayo on a Friday was pretty exciting to me! (I know doesn’t take a lot to get me excited for a party!)
I drew my Inspiration from this photo above while on a photo shoot a couple weeks ago! I loved the bright colors of the paper flags and knew I had to mimic for my Friday Cinco de Mayo bar cart! Bright colors Margaritas and chips & salsa….Well and Maybe a shot of tequila! Is whats on our cart for tonight! We’ll be serving nachos and a taco bar as well and I am so hungry I can’t wait!
Have you tried Skinny Girl mixers? Yummy, pour or Ice add a shot and a twist of lime! Super easy and great on the calories! YAY!
If you have any questions on the above items or on How to style your Bar Cart comment below and I’ll be happy to help! Otherwise Look for next weeks Mother’s Day cart….
Have a wonderful weekend! Ox, D’Arcy