12 Things to beat the Winter blues
Hello pretty ladies,
The holidays are over. Most of you have taken down and packed away Christmas. Some might be cleaning and organizing, and others might try to catch up.
The Cold & darkness of Winter is starting to get to you, and January & February feel so long. So here are a few of my tips that help me get through Utah’s long Winters. 2 Things to beat the Winter blues right now. 2 small things you can do for yourself and your home to help beat winter blues right now, easy & affordable.
12 things to beat the Winter blues
1. Freshen up your space, clean out clutter, change sheets and bedding(if you have a second bedding set. )Rearrange furniture and add some New throw pillows (Throw pillows are reasonable and add a pop of color or a fresh design.)
2. Add some plans or fresh flowers to your space. Flowers brighten a room. I love a couple of rosebuds on my nightstand, a new arrangement on the entry table, and one on the kitchen counter.
3. Paint your nails—something about having color on your nails that is cheery.
4. Go for a quick walk. Getting fresh air and moving for 30 minutes s helps your energy and mind.
5. Drink plenty of water, add some fresh fruit, lemon or limes, or strawberry and mint t a clear pitcher, and refrigerate. It’s pretty and refreshing. Drinking water is excellent for hydration, clear skin, and energy.
6. Place a bowl of Lemons, limes, and oranges on our counter or Dining room table. Not only is it pretty and Refreshing. It is affordable and fantastic for you to add to water or eat.
7. Get a spray tan or give yourself one. A tan always makes us feel like we’ve been on vacation or outside in warmer weather. My favorites are L’oreal and Great color, no streaking. L’oreals color is buildable and takes a couple of hours to start The BT Cosmetics Jet Set Sun is instant color and gets a little darker in time, also buildable.
8. Treat yourself to a blowout. It’s an affordable way to get your hair done, feel refreshed and lasts about a week.
9. Make sure to get 30 minutes of sunlight a day. Vitamin D is so important for your health and your mindset.
10. Eat a salad, most people of salad as a summer food, so eating salad tricks the brain into thinking it’s Summer. Instead, it is refreshing and healthy for you. Quickly on the go, I love the Market salad from Chic fil’A, and to make it at home, try a few of my easy salad recipes, Orange Chicken Walnut Salad and my Berry Salad.
11. Self-care- whether it’s 30 min or two hours, take time for yourself. I like to reserve an hour or two on Saturday or Sunday for self-care. Selfcare is not a selfish act, it is essential for your mind and body, and when you do so, you do better for others.
Here’s a little peek on Instagram of my routine and Here on the Blog.
12. Plan a trip; nothing like planning and anticipating a trip. It gives you something to look forward to and prepare for.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by and read my blog post on “12 things to beat Winter blues!” I would love for you to leave a few of your favorite tips below in the comments. You can also find me on Instagram, Pinterest, Liketoknowit, Amazon shops, and Facebook.
Have a beautiful day, pretty ladies,
You might also Like:
This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own. I only promote brands that I genuinely love and believe in! Thank you for the support!